Christchurch U3A offers a programme of educational and leisure activities for those not in
full-time employment, and is part of a worldwide movement. Members with similar interests meet
during the day in small groups, usually weekly or fortnightly and at various venues. The main aim
is to advance the education of retired & semi-retired people and assist them in pursuing their interests within
a social environment.
Click on picture below to enlarge it - click on enlargement to close.
Click on 'Photo Gallery' in the menu bar to see all our pictures.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
(Follow links or see What’s On for more info)
- (7 items in scroller)
- 1. Vintage Brass Christmas Concert
5 Dec 2015
- 2. U3A Choir Celebration of Christmas
8 Dec 2015
- This event is free and includes refreshments. There will be a retiring collection.
- 3. Christmas Celebration
13 Dec 2015
- Cost is £5 for adults and £2.50 for children
- 4. Monthly Meeting
14 Dec 2015
- Talk: Lilian Ladle - 'A new Roman Villa at Druce farm, near Puddletown'. While working at Druce farm, Lilian has been updating information, sending off numerous radio carbon samples, writing articles and preparing another site for publication. She is Hon Sec Wareham and District Archaeology and local History group.
- 5. French Film Group - Les Diaboliques
17 Dec 2015
- Les Diaboliques, a film by Henri-Georges Clouzot (1954).
- 6. Monthly Meeting
11 Jan 2016
- Talk: Brian Freeland - 'Women of The Raj'. Brian speaks of the lives of the Army wives who accompanied their husbands and the Colonial Administrators who took over from the East India Company during the later stages of The Raj.
- 7. Monthly Meeting
8 Feb 2016
- Talk: Tony Ruffhead - 'The Amazon River of Contrasts'. U3A member and photography group leader talks around the theme of The Amazon River.
These pictures are a random selection showing our groups' activities and trips we have organized
Christchurch U3A is a Registered Charity, number 1091197