Christchurch U3A offers a programme of educational and leisure activities for those not in
full-time employment, and is part of a worldwide movement. Members with similar interests meet
during the day in small groups, usually weekly or fortnightly and at various venues. The main aim
is to advance the education of retired & semi-retired people and assist them in pursuing their interests within
a social environment.
Click on picture below to enlarge it - click on enlargement to close.
Click on 'Photo Gallery' in the menu bar to see all our pictures.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
(Follow links or see What’s On for more info)
- (8 items in scroller)
- 1. Winter Concert with U3A Singers in aid of Macmillan Cancer Trust (Local Branch)
12 Mar 2016
- 2. Monthly meeting
14 Mar 2016
- Talk: Paul Barrett - 'The World of Mantovani' Using audio and video Paul will tell the fascinating story of how Mantovani became an International Superstar and how meeting him lead the way for the new Magic Of Mantovani Orchestra performing live concerts.
Click for more info on mantovani_17-4-2016
- 3. U3A Singers New Milton Festival
20 Mar 2016
- 4. Monthly meeting
11 Apr 2016
- Talk: Ernie Ball - 'SatNav performs it's magic'. A completely non-technical explanation as to how that little box of electronics is able to tell you precisely where you are now and how to get to your chosen destination.
- 5. Spring Concert with Poole Grammar School Choir and Bournemouth Youth Handbell Team
23 Apr 2016
- 6. Platform Performances Spring Concert
23 Apr 2016
- 7. U3A Choir Spring Concert
7 May 2016
- 8. Monthly meeting
9 May 2016
- In order to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeares death, Damian Heywood will give a talk entitled "Shakespeare: Man and Myth" at this meeting.(The original talk by PaTrisha Todd, "Write and Share if you Dare" will be scheduled for another date.)
These pictures are a random selection showing our groups' activities and trips we have organized
Christchurch U3A is a Registered Charity, number 1091197