Christchurch University of the Third Age (U3A) offers a programme of educational and leisure activities for those not in
full-time employment, and is part of a worldwide movement. Members with similar interests meet
during the day in small groups, usually weekly or fortnightly and at various venues. The main aim
is to advance the education of retired & semi-retired people and assist them in pursuing their interests within
a social environment.
Click on picture below to enlarge it - click on enlargement to close.
Click on 'Photo Gallery' in the menu bar to see all our pictures.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
(A selection of coming events - see What’s On page for a full list)
- (8 items in scroller)
- 1. BRUEGEL: DEFINING A DYNASTY
4 May 2017
- News of a coach trip to BRUEGEL: DEFINING A DYNASTY at the Holburne Museum, Bath on Thursday 4th May 2017. Click the link for full details, travel arrangements, costs and application form.
Click for more info on Bruegel
- 2. Monthly Meeting
8 May 2017
- My Years at the Royal Opera House. Piero Mattei
brings stories from years within the Royal Opera House
and beyond accompanied with musical illustrations.
Click for more info on 8-5-17
- 3. Platform Performances Spring Concert
13 May 2017
Click for more info on pp_13-5-17
- 4. ChristchurchU3ASingers Spring Concert
20 May 2017
- 5. Monthly Meeting
12 Jun 2017
- The Cape Rouleur - an endurance cycle event.
Tom Wainwright talks about this five-day endurance event which takes place in South Africa and covers 600km and almost 6,000m of climbing.
Click for more info on 12-6-17
- 6. Vintage Brass Lunchtime Recital
3 Jul 2017
- 7. FRENCH FILM - Le Boucher
6 Jul 2017
- 8. Vintage Brass Pinewalk Bandstand
These pictures are a random selection showing our groups' activities and trips we have organized
Christchurch U3A is a Registered Charity, number 1091197