Christchurch University of the Third Age (U3A) offers a programme of educational and leisure activities for those not in
full-time employment, and is part of a worldwide movement. Members with similar interests meet
during the day in small groups, usually weekly or fortnightly and at various venues. The main aim
is to advance the education of retired & semi-retired people and assist them in pursuing their interests within
a social environment.
Click on picture below to enlarge it - click on enlargement to close.
Click on 'Photo Gallery' in the menu bar to see all our pictures.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
(A selection of coming events - see What’s On page for a full list)
- (10 items in scroller)
- 1. Monthly Meeting
13 Mar 2017
- A talk by Jane Barkes of The Footprints Project
- 2. BERLIOZ
TWO FRENCH MASTERS
2 Apr 2017
Click for more info on Berlioz S-Saens_2-4-17
- 3. Monthly Meeting
10 Apr 2017
- Tall Ships.
A talk by Janet Townend
- 4. FRENCH FILM - Le Salaire de la Peur
13 Apr 2017
- The Wages of Fear (French: Le Salaire de la Peur) is a 1953 French-Italian drama film directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, starring Yves Montand and Charles Vanel, and based on the 1950 French novel Le Salaire de la Peur (lit. "The Salary of Fear") by Georges Arnaud.
See Attached for full details.
Click for more info on LeSalairedelaPeur
- 5. ChristchurchU3ASingers Special announcement
22 Apr 2017
- U3ASingers proudly announce that we are very honoured to be invited, as guest singers, by Vintage Brass to join with them in their 10th Anniversary. For tickets sales or further information, please contact the band.
- 6. Vintage Brass Ten Year Anniversary Spring Concert
22 Apr 2017
- ticket price includes the souvenir programme for this anniversary concert
Click for more info on vb_spring_22-4-17
- 7. BRUEGEL: DEFINING A DYNASTY
4 May 2017
- News of a coach trip to BRUEGEL: DEFINING A DYNASTY at the Holburne Museum, Bath on Thursday 4th May 2017. Click the link for full details, travel arrangements, costs and application form.
Click for more info on Bruegel_4-5-17
- 8. Monthly Meeting
8 May 2017
- My Years at the Royal Opera House. Piero Mattei
brings stories from years within the Royal Opera House
and beyond accompanied with musical illustrations.
- 9. Platform Performances Spring Concert
13 May 2017
- 10. ChristchurchU3ASingers Sring Concert
20 May 2017
These pictures are a random selection showing our groups' activities and trips we have organized
Christchurch U3A is a Registered Charity, number 1091197