Christchurch U3A offers a programme of educational and leisure activities for those not in
full-time employment, and is part of a worldwide movement. Members with similar interests meet
during the day in small groups, usually weekly or fortnightly and at various venues. The main aim
is to advance the education of retired & semi-retired people and assist them in pursuing their interests within
a social environment.
Click on picture below to enlarge it - click on enlargement to close.
Click on 'Photo Gallery' in the menu bar to see all our pictures.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
(Follow links or see What’s On for more info)
- (5 items in scroller)
- 1. Monthly Meeting
12 Dec 2016
- Chesthelp, formed locally 70 years ago next year, remains the only Charity in the UK that actively supports TB and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) patients suffering financially, because of their illness. An illustrated talk about the work that we do and the impact that TB is still having on our lives
- 2. Vintage Brass Friends and Family Concert
13 Dec 2016
- includes refreshments and a free raffle
- 3. FRENCH FILM - Notre-Dame de Paris (the musical)
22 Dec 2016
- Open to all students (past, present and future), do not miss the next show -Notre-Dame de Paris (which should have been shown last time). Details are attached.
Due to the unfortunate mishandling of the DVD, I showed the wrong film on 22th September. I really apologise for forcing this unannounced film on the audience. For the sake of completeness, A synopsis of the film actually shown "La Reine Margot" is included in the attachment.
Click for more info on Notre-Dame de Paris _22-12-16
- 4. Monthly Meeting
9 Jan 2017
- Bill Coombes an Educational Outreach Officer for NASA involved with a school in Italy talking to an Astronaut on the International Space Station.
- 5. Monthly Meeting
13 Feb 2017
- Speaker: Emma Scattergood is the Editorial director of Fresher Publishing at Bournemouth university.
From idea to publication - how writers can find a market for their work. She will talk you through the journey from idea to publication, offering tips of the trade, and answering any questions you might have.
These pictures are a random selection showing our groups' activities and trips we have organized
Christchurch U3A is a Registered Charity, number 1091197