Christchurch U3A offers a programme of educational and leisure activities for those not in
full-time employment, and is part of a worldwide movement. Members with similar interests meet
during the day in small groups, usually weekly or fortnightly and at various venues. The main aim
is to advance the education of retired & semi-retired people and assist them in pursuing their interests within
a social environment.
Click on picture below to enlarge it - click on enlargement to close.
Click on 'Photo Gallery' in the menu bar to see all our pictures.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
(Follow links or see What’s On for more info)
- (5 items in scroller)
- 1. ChristchurchU3ASingers Spring Concert
7 May 2016
- 2. Monthly meeting
9 May 2016
- In order to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeares death, Damian Heywood will give a talk entitled "Shakespeare: Man and Myth" at this meeting.(The original talk by PaTrisha Todd, "Write and Share if you Dare" will be scheduled for another date.)
- 3. Monthly meeting
13 Jun 2016
- Talk: Janet Townend - 'The Regent Centre Christchurch - the Early Years and more'. The Regent Cinema in Christchurch High Street was bought by Christchurch Borough Council in 1982 to make into an Arts and Community Centre. The talk will include photos of some of the more remote corners of the building and the development of the Centre into the hive of activity it is today.
- 4. FRENCH FILM - Jour de Fete
7 Jul 2016
- Jacques Tatis award-winning feature debut - a dazzling blend of satire and slapstick is early evidence of his unique talent. Acclaimed by international critics as an innovative comic masterpiece, Jour de fete is an hilarious expose of the modern obsession with speed and efficiency, set amidst the rural surroundings of a tiny French village. Tati plays an appealingly self-deluded buffoon a postman who, impressed by the bristling efficiency of the American postal system, makes a wholly misguided attempt to introduce modern methods in the depths of rural France.
His only goal is speed, this goal at any cost. As he implements his ideas, the townsfolk remark on how Francois is doing it "the American way".
Click for more info on F-Film_7-7-16
- 5. Vintage Brass Lunchtime Recital
11 Jul 2016
These pictures are a random selection showing our groups' activities and trips we have organized
Christchurch U3A is a Registered Charity, number 1091197