Christchurch U3A offers a programme of educational and leisure activities for those not in
full-time employment, and is part of a worldwide movement. Members with similar interests meet
during the day in small groups, usually weekly or fortnightly and at various venues. The main aim
is to advance the education of retired & semi-retired people and assist them in pursuing their interests within
a social environment.
Click on picture below to enlarge it - click on enlargement to close.
Click on 'Photo Gallery' in the menu bar to see all our pictures.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
(Follow links or see What’s On for more info)
- (9 items in scroller)
- 1. Monthly Meeting
12 Oct 2015
- AGM followed by talk: Bob Taylor - 'Spanish Civil War'. Bob was a Spanish Lecturer at Brockenhurst College until he retired in 1998. His talk will look at the causes of the Spanish Civil War, one of the most catastrophic events in world history.
Click for more info on U3A AGM 2015
- 2. Vintage Brass Richard Ely Concert
24 Oct 2015
- 3. Music Day School
8 Nov 2015
- Click links to see front and back of flyer
Click for more info on music_day_front_8-11-15
Click for more info on music_day_back_8-11-15
- 4. Monthly Meeting
9 Nov 2015
- Talk: Mike Andrews - 'Smuggling Around Christchurch' a talk explaining how Christchurch was a centre for smuggling on the South Coast in the eighteenth century.
- 5. Platform Performances Xmas Concert
28 Nov 2015
- 6. Vintage Brass Christmas Concert
5 Dec 2015
- 7. U3A Choir Celebration of Christmas
8 Dec 2015
- Details to follow
- 8. Vintage Brass Christmas Celebration
13 Dec 2015
- 9. Monthly Meeting
14 Dec 2015
- Talk: Lilian Ladle - 'A new Roman Villa at Druce farm, near Puddletown'. While working at Druce farm, Lilian has been updating information, sending off numerous radio carbon samples, writing articles and preparing another site for publication. She is Hon Sec Wareham and District Archaeology and local History group.
These pictures are a random selection showing our groups' activities and trips we have organized
Christchurch U3A is a Registered Charity, number 1091197